Carlos Alcaraz withdraws from Wimbledon with wrist injury | Tennis News

Former world number one says he’s still not ready to compete as he recovers from a serious injury sustained in April.

Carlos Alcaraz says he will ⁠skip Wimbledon ⁠as he recovers from the right wrist injury that also forced the Spaniard ⁠out of the French Open, the world number two men’s tennis player said on Tuesday.

Read More:  Palestinians expose torture and sexual violence in Israeli detention | Sexual Assault News

The 23-year-old ⁠seven-time Grand Slam champion has not played since withdrawing from the Barcelona Open last month.

Recommended Stories

list of 4 itemsend of list

“My recovery is going well and I feel much ‌better, but unfortunately I’m still not ready to be able to play, and that’s why I have to withdraw from the grass-court swing at Queen’s and Wimbledon,” the 2023 and 2024 Wimbledon champion wrote ⁠on X.

Read More:  Hundreds protest Ireland’s ‘George Floyd moment’ | News

Alcaraz’s rivalry with ⁠Italian Jannik Sinner has captivated men’s tennis, and his absence from the next two Grand Slam tournaments is a ⁠huge blow to fans and broadcasters alike.

The pair contested ⁠an epic French Open final ⁠last year, with Alcaraz coming back to win the title before Sinner turned the tables to take the ‌Wimbledon crown.

Read More:  Duststorms and lightning kill at least 96 people in northern India | Weather News

Alcaraz became the youngest man to complete the career Grand Slam this year when ‌he ‌won the Australian Open.

Facebook Comments Box